Bi-Annual Refereed Journal
Volume 1 / Issue 1
January – June, 2017
About the Journal
Unitedworld Law Journal (UWLJ) is the official journal of Unitedworld School of Law, Karnavati University, Karnavati Knowledge Village, 907/A, Uvarsad, District-Gandhinagar-382422. It is a bi-annual, double blind -peer reviewed academic law journal which accepts articles on Legal issues, and interdisciplinary legal issues.
Aim & Scope of the journal :
Unitedworld Law Journal (UWLJ) invites original, unpublished articles from academicians, practitioners, researchers and graduate students . UWLJ will focus on all aspects of Law including Gender and rights, Child rights, Human Rights, Cyber law, Environmental issues, Therapeutic Jurisprudence, International law, Animal rights etc. It will also focus on legal issues related to Sociology, Criminology, Victimology and Management. Even though we accept submissions on a rolling basis, UWLJ will publish each issue under specific themes.
Other than scholarly, original, unpublished articles, UWLJ would also accept book reviews of books on Law and inter-related subjects. Such books can be authored books or edited volumes. However, the publishing dates should not be more than one year old from the date of submission to the journal.
We do not accept articles from undergraduate students. However such articles can be considered for review and possible publication if the first authors are academician/practitioner/researchers.
UWLJ is an open access online journal and the articles can be downloaded free of cost from the journal website.
Submission & editorial policies:
UWLJ being an academic law journal, will not be responsible for any opinion expressed by the author/contributor in any specific article.
UWLJ does not charge any submission/processing fee. UWLJ neither provides any certificate for acceptance/publication of paper/s. Once accepted after peer review, the mail from the editor may be considered as the final acceptance- communication.
All articles will go through double blind peer review. The review process may take 6-8 weeks time from the date of acknowledgement of the submission of article.
UWLJ holds the right to reject and remove plagiarized articles from its website without prior intimation to the author. The Journal does not take the responsibility of violation of copyrights of any other previously published articles/books, chapters etc by the authors of this journal. It is advised that the aggrieved person may contact the authors directly.
UWLJ accepts articles with word limit of maximum 8,000 words and minimum 5,000 words and book reviews with word limit of maximum 1,500 words. The authors should follow 19th Bluebook citation method. All submissions should be made electronically in word format only to [email protected]
Submission Guidelines for articles :
- All articles should be submitted electronically to [email protected]
- Articles with word limit below 5,000 will not be considered for processing for peer review.
- UWLJ accepts articles with word limit of maximum 8,000 words and minimum 5,000 words.
- All articles should be accompanied with abstract for not more than 500 words and minimum 5 keywords.
- All articles should be accompanied with clear mention of the name of the author/co-author, designation and institution/organisation of the author/s.All articles should also have proper email address of the authors including the email id of the corresponding author.
- Plagiarism is strictly prohibited.
Submission guidelines for Book reviews:
- All Book reviews must be submitted to [email protected]
- Book reviews can be done for books addressing specific legal issues, Human Rights,Victimology, Therapeutic Jurisprudence, Child Rights, Gender Justice, International law, Humanitarian law, Criminology Cyber law and cyber crimes, Animal Rights, Copy-right laws etc.
- The date of publication of the books intended to be reviewed should not be more than one year old.
- For a model book-review, see http://www.cybercrimejournal.com/Halderbookreviewijcc2014vol8issue2.pdf
- UWLJ does not accept book reviews done by the authors/editors themselves. The review can be done by an academician/practitioners/researcher/graduate student.
MODE OF CITATION: (2017)1UWLJ
Address for correspondence
Dr. Debarati Halder
Professor & Head,
Centre for Research on Law and Policy, Unitedworld School of Law,
Karnavati knowledge village, 907/A
Email id:[email protected] /[email protected]
About the Publisher:
Unitedworld Law Journal (UWLJ) is published online bi-annually by Unitedworld School of Law, Karnavati University, Karnavati Knowledge Village, 907/A, Uvarsad, District-Gandhinagar-382422. URL: http://www.unitedworld.in/school-of-law/